General

1. add ability to apply for multiple events at a time

We have been informed that our best option for getting games is to apply for all (many) games on an open date, but there can be 10 games for a given date if you include all levels. Even if one limits it to say JV games, there can be 5-6 games. Adding all of those games individually is very time consuming and tedious. Is there a way to select multiple games simultaneously vs. accepting one – approving it - going back to games available – selecting another game (for the same date) etc. etc. etc. As one gets down the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Officials Crew Cards that state a Coed Varsity Cross Country meet as opposed to being gender specific would be a good option

When handing out the crew cards we hand out one to each school as opposed to a girls and boys coach for each team. Listing the event as coed so the coaches can share the crew card would be easier and more efficient I think. Our crew cards are entered into the packet each school obtains at the meet. The packets are NOT gender specific.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assigning Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give yourselves a pat on the back!

I was thrilled to use a new system after working with Ref Ranking - as that program was very tedious. I have used many features such as printing an officials card for rankings, looking up schools and especially the ease of finding the AD for game confirmations. Nice job!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Optimize keyboard focus for rapid input

For common, repetitive operations, have the website set keyboard focus automatically, to minimize how often I need to reach over to the mouse.

For example, when adding officials to a football contest, follow this workflow:

1. I just got done entering the Event Location, so I hit Tab to put focus on Add Official. (This works fine already.)

2. I press space on Add Official to "click" the button (also fine as is).

3. Focus should now be placed on the Official edit control, so I can just start typing.

4. When I find the official I want, I press Enter to add him…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Restrict all organizations that are a certain distance away from my home

I would like to restrict myself from traveling to far and would be nice to have a setting to restrict all organizations X number of miles away from my listed address in Athletix.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Assignors to Search for Available Crews

Officials should be able to create crews. As an assignor I then want to search for available crews for an event. That means each official is available on that date.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow assignors to create preferences for each sport

I would like to create preferences for each sport that I assign. So if I select a certain sport, all my preferences for that sport are there.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change date range for sports

Was wondering why the dates are set up as they are when you do a "by
    season search? Since the Spring is set up 2/1 to 6/30 wouldn't you get
    basketball contracts in with the baseball and softball contracts? Spring to
    me would be 3/2 to 6/1. Fall would seem to be 8/1 to 11/15 and Winter 11/16 to 3/1.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow an Official to enter a message to the Assignor when Declining a Contract

When I decline a contract, I'd like to be able to tell the Assignor why I'm declining the Contract. Right now, I have to send him a separate email which makes me leave Athletix. I'd rather do everything all within Athletix. The Assignor would see my custom message in the Declined email he receives.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. automatically adding an event when accepting a contract through rschool.

A lot of schools and commissioners use rschool for sending contracts

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have a selection box to make a softball or baseball game a double header so that officials only have to enter the information once

In the Enter New, have a selection for a double header so that the official only has to enter the information once, and then select DH and it would add two games to the event schedule, or allow WIAA to record this as TWO games. since number of games is a requirement for advancement.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Dan Milliren responded

We will look into the idea of creating two events from a user entering it only once. From a WIAA perspective, a double header is two games, so there should be an event created for each game. The only thing that will be different is the time.

12. Warn me when I'm creating a game late at night or early morning

I'd like Athletix to give me a warning when I'm going to save a game with the time either late at night (start time is after 9 PM) or early in the morning (start time is before 8 AM). I think that would help Officials make sure their calendar is up to date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Printing Schedules Page Friendly

When I go to print my schedule or my events to assign, can you make it so it fits nicely on one page? Some of the text in the far right column was cut off when I printed it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will look into adding an AD notes section to events to help officials with arrival plans.

15. 61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a Contest Contract workflow

As an Athletic Director, I want to create a contract for a proposed Event between two or more Organizations (at potentially more than on Level of Competition) and send it to the Organization's Manager. If they accept the contract, the Event(s) would be added to each Organization and Team's calendars.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow manual input of location

If a location is different from the home school, or is a neutral site, you cannot currently type the name of the location, unless it's associated with a school. It automatically searches and comes up with no results.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, you are able to only enter locations within our database. If there is a location that is missing and you would like to add, please let us know. The other option is to leave the field blank as TBD and enter the location in the notes field. We will

18. Email an Officials List

I would like to be able to email a list of my officials. Better yet, I would like to be able to select the officials from a list and email them in the Athletix page. Best yet, I would like to be able to do any officials search and select officials from the result and email them.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Setting for default Officials List when adding new Assigned Events

As an Assignor, I want to be able to limit the search of Officials Names to those names contained in one of my Officials Lists so that the search runs faster. I should be able to set this default Officials list in the Assignor preferences.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, you can select one of your officials list from the add event ’Officials Search" section. We will look into adding that field as a preference to the assignor.

20. Allow Officials to provide partial day availability

As an Official, I would like to block parts of a day so that Assignors may know that I'm not available during specific times. For example, I'd like to close every day before 4 PM (due to my work schedule). I'd also like to say I am available from 8 AM to 4 PM on a Saturday.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base