General

1. Allow Gender choice to be TBD

We need to have the capacity to close a date as an event when only the date and the sport is known. Some commissioners will ask you to hold and close out dates with the combatants to be determined later So we should add TBD as a choice along with men's and or women's as far as a varsity choice...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Infer times from abbreviations more accurately

When typing in a time, the meaning of some abbreviations is inferred correctly, whereas others are not. For instance, "4pm" works, but "4p" gets converted to "4:00 am".

As an example of best practice, play with Microsoft Outlook. For all its fatness and slowness, it absolutely nailed date and time inputs (and did so a decade ago). Unfortunately many JavaScript controls haven't caught up. Hopefully some have, because these details make a big usability difference.

Note that this suggestion is related to but different than the "use a time select controller when creating events". I think a time picker would…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. link WIAA info into profile

Official profile linking WIAA info as in level, sports meeting, test taken, years of experience. And last year's levels.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Only Show Open Assignments for Days that I am Open

On the view open assignments it would be nice if there was an indication on each game of whether I am available on that date. Perhaps a coloring of the row or a new column with an indicator in it or have the [Apply] button say something a little different, and/or maybe have the dialog that pops up when I [Apply] warn me that I already have something on that day. As it is now – I have to keep my calendar open in another window and go back and forth to check.

This one is trivial but… It might…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let me create one coed track event that splits into two separate events (one boys and one girls) automatically so I don't have to create two

I would like to create one coed track meet so when I click "Save" it then converts that into two separate events, one boys and one girls. That will save me the time of creating two events myself.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Subscribe to available open assignments by location

Support entering a location and radius as filter criteria to the Open Assignments page, with the ability to receive emails when events are added that meet the filter criteria.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow me to manage my availability from my home page calendar

Instead of clicking Manage My Availability, I would like to be able to simply click a date on my home page calendar and close it out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Forum for Officials

I don't see any forums of this nature that are very active on a national scale. Indiana has a good one but it is limited to local officials. It could be a great way for officials to calibrate and communicate on rules interpretations, if there is sufficient interest in participating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Dan Milliren responded

We are currently developing a forum that individual associations can use on their pages. After reviewing how it works there, we will consider adding a public one.

9. Suggestion to have (3) separate entries for AD/Conf Commissioners to enter

Wrestling

1.) Weigh In Time
    2.) JV Start Time
    3.) Varsity Start Time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like the ability to enter restricted organizations by sport that I officiate.

I would like the ability to enter restricted organizations by sport that I officiate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to send event reminder emails to multiple people at a school

Is there any way we can also send automated emails to the secretaries or assistant AD's that actually send out the RSchool contracts to these officials? I know Green Bay West has Susan Kuester as their assistant AD and Todd Chandler at Wrightstown has Alison Peterson as his assistant---Helen Marcks over at Ashwaubenon for Dave Seapeck is another one----thoughts on this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a field within the event details that shows which official created the event

When officials create an event and add it to each other's schedule, there should be a field that shows who created it. I know when an assignor schedules the game it's easy to see who created it, but when an official creates the event, we don't know who created it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give warning to assignor before sending a contract that official cannot accept

Before I send a contract, I want to know if the official on the contract cannot officiate the game because...

1. the rematch of the two teams

2. the same team X number of times in a season

3. the same team within X number of days

4. one of his/her restricted schools

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include option to auto-return contracts to sender after X days

As an Assignor, I would like to set a proposed contract to automatically expire or return to me after a certain number of days so that I can assign the game to someone who will respond promptly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Dan Milliren responded

We will review this idea after speaking with assignors about their preferences for this feature.

15. Add Feature to Export all Closed Dates

As an Official, I constantly need to send a list of my closed dates to my assignors. I would love a convenient way to quickly export my Availability and Scheduled Events to a single list so I can send it to them. I would like to see an option for either a PDF or an Excel-compatible file.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will look into adding this feature to the My Availability section with options to select a date range and format to export to.

16. Allow users to import schedules from a spreadsheet

As a Scheduler, I'd like to be able to import multiple events from a spreadsheet so I don't have to type them in manually. This would also be a great way to import historical events and assignments.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow users to add more than one official to an event in a single search

When creating a new event, it would be great to select more than one official when doing an official search. I like to do a search and select officials from my created list. However, I can only select one official at a time and I must redo a search for each official.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will look into making it more convenient to add multiple officials from a search.

18. create a way to locate which officials are working within a certain radius

I would like to know who is working within a certain radius (5, 10, 15, 25, 50, etc.) in miles. This would be great on a night I'm off and want to go watch some veteran officials to pick up anything that might make me a better official.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently developing proximity settings which will help us create this feature.

19. Official Resume

Officials resume.
    May want to allow a notes / resume section for each official so that they can enter pertinent information about their experience.

I have heard that some conference commissioners do not select or are hesitant to approve an official they do not know. Having a resume will allow the CC's to quickly view officials. It will also give other officials a sense of experience when working with an official for the first time.

Here is a summary of the information I keep track of:

Camps:
    June 25-26 2010 – Three Zebras Officials Camp UWM - Madision – 3…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple Event Entry Screen

Multiple Event Entry Screen
    Enter multiple events on one page, may be in tabular form to speed up entry process. When I receive assignments from commissioners there is usually more than one. Needs more noodling.
    Possible schedule upload process from excel spreadsheet?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base